Monday, December 8, 2008

My start in Genealogy



My grandfather James Trewolla, is my inspiration for my family history research. He started researching back in the 1930s, yes, before computers. So he had to go to librarys and churches and collect documents. He even went to Cornwall where he found the first Trewolla Farm. I have a picture of my Dad, Lynn who went on a trip with Grandpa. It was taken at the gate entry to the Trewolla Farm. Grandpa went to the parishes in Cornwall and complied alot of information on our ancestors. He also corrosponded with other relatives and learned info and collected pictures. He has all of the info and photos in a hard back binder. I have added the letter that wrote to his sons explaining his research.

When I was a teenage my Grandma Trewolla showed me here husbands works, and I was very intrigued. I hope that some day I will inherit the binder. It wasnt until I was in my 20s and got my first computer, when I started doing research. I wish I had the luxery of being able to travel to do my research, maybe someday. My grandfather passed away when I was 1 year old, in 1971. I sure wish he were still here, because we would have alot of fun doing research together.

No comments: