Thursday, July 18, 2013

Family History as recalled by Elizabeth Frances "Bettie" Trewolla-Fortson

This information came from the keepsake book that Bettie wrote in. The info in the (  ) are my notes.  

"Hinkleville Ballard Co. Ky Feb 14, 1887

I have heard my father say there was property left us in England, but never heard who it was left by. My great grandfathers name was Henry (1734-1811) and I think his wifes name was Tanson (it was Thomasine Courtenay). They had 4 sons, Samual, William, John and Henry. I have seen them. If there were any more I dont know it. John, (1769 Eng -1851 Ballard Ky) that is my grandfather married Margaret Pearce (1769-1861 Ballard Ky). They had 10 children only four came to this country. The others died in England. Their names were, Samual, Henry, John and James. John that was my father married Elizabeth Boase. They were married in Penzance England. James married Harriette Pascoe in Truro, Cornwall County England. There was a woman called Aunt Adams, seems that there was property left by her, dont know which side of the ...(continued on page 2) … she was conected to. My father used to sign his name John C Trewolla. The "C" was for Courtney. It may be a family name. (it was his grandmas maiden name)

Bettie Trewolla Fortson"


The bottom of the 2nd page is about the death of Margaret Pearce-Trewolla wife of John Trewolla and grandmother of Bettie who wrote this.
 

No comments: